12 Aralık 2013 Perşembe

METAPHORS AND SIMILES




A simile poem , Twinkle Twinkle:
“Twinkle, twinkle little star,
How I wonder what you are
Up above the world so high,
Like a diamond in the sky.”
Even great writers such as Shakespeare have used similes and examples of simile poems can be found among their work. For example, in his famous literary work, Romeo and Juliet in act 4 of the play, Capulet says “Death lies on her like an untimely frost.”
Robert Burns too used similes. For example:
“O my Luve's like a red, red rose
That's newly sprung in June;
O my Luve's like the melodie
That's sweetly played in tune.”



 In songs,you will oftenly come across similes 






Songs again have lots of metaphor examples 


 and poems 


I found really nice videos while searching good metaphor and simile examples. I think they are really helpful to get better understanding of metaphors and similes. I advice you not to skip them. 
Have fun !

 



Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder